Monitor, manage and perform planned financial, operational, compliance, and other audits. Assist Director for preparing annual audit plans including budget information and manage to ensure that the audit plans are implemented. Thereafter, the reports are completed with quality check and audit assignments are completed with management’s sign off. Also, manage special projects for the improvement of business operations. Requires working with confidential information concerning all financial and operational Company activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
General Management Responsibilities:
• Plan, organize, and direct audit project(s) to achieve departmental objectives.
• Interacts with all levels of management and associates on a regular basis.
• Communicate corporate and departmental goals and related metrics to staff.
• Manages associates to ensure they complete their assigned tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Develop subordinates by identifying training needs, and ensure required training and reference materials are current.
• Conduct performance reviews in a timely manner and provide regular performance feedback to staff
IAD Management Responsibilities:
• Monitor, manage and perform the relevant business focused audit team(s) and processes. Ensure that work is performed efficiently, timely with high quality. Including audit risk assessments are performed on an on going basis and audit results are objective, significant and high quality.
• Work with IAD Director in the preparation and implementation of formal audit plans which identify areas to be audited along with audit approach and expected timing and extent of audit procedures for all XXX affiliates.
• Coordinate the staff resources for each audit to perform the planned audits at all XXX affiliates (including joint ventures) located in North, Central and South America including participation in fieldwork.
• Approves audit programs developed by staff which define specific procedures to be performed during an audit.
• Ensures that staff completes the procedures outlined by formal audit programs in order to perform examinations of financial and operational processes.
• Review audits performed by the audit team(s) and coach the audit supervisor in the performance of the audit as well as achieving the level of compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Manages special projects to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of financial reporting and other business activities lacking sufficient formal policies/procedures and/or internal controls.
• Reviews/completes working papers to document purpose, procedures, and conclusion of test work performed.
• Reviews/prepares flowcharts and/or narratives to document the internal control environment, operational systems, and procedural processes.
• Analyzes and evaluates internal controls, current business flows, policies and procedures, and proposes recommendations for cases of non-compliance, missing policies, and general operational and control improvements.
Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
Certification Requirements: Active CPA and CIA license, or candidate for license
Previous Experience: Eight to ten years of experience in public accounting (auditing) or internal audit preferred. 6 to 8 years of management experience required.
Travel Requirements: Must be available to travel internationally and domestically to affiliates and joint ventures located throughout North and South America. (Up to 30%)
SPECIAL SKILLS & SKILL LEVEL
Familiarity with IT systems and controls
Familiarity with GAAP standards and accounting guidelines
Excellent analytical skills
Ability to manage supervisor(s) and other associates
Ability to use standard office equipment, computers, and computer software
Ability to use logical or scientific thinking to solve problems
Ability to report, write or edit documentation; interview people; evaluate technical data
Ability to work with sensitive, confidential information, while maintaining required confidentiality
Spanish language ability (preferred)
Operational and manufacturing experience (preferred)
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for company sponsorship for employment visa status